This is a fascinating video from Introduction to Cultural Anthropology class at Kansas State University, Spring 2007. It shows what exactly students do these days and how some student experiences are changing.
There are some socking findings from this study which was compiled using a Google Doc with 367 edits by 200 collaborators. Here are some of the stats from 133 students surveyed:
- “My average class size is 115.”
- “18% of my teachers know my name.”
- I complete 49% of the readings assigned to me. Only 26% … relative to my life
- I will read 8 books this year.” “2300 web pages” “and 1281 facebook profiles”
- “I will write 42 pages for class this semester.” “And over 500 pages of email