This week Lifang and I met Dr. Hammond at his office to test drive what we will present during next week tuesday at Dr. Waddel class. Here is what we will likely be doing on wednesday 30th October, when we meet the teaching interns at Mac Lab.
- Show everyone’s Lehigh website?
- Ask: In five years, where will your portfolio be?
- Go over the rubric, ask people to score their website or that of a classmate
- Find out who is
- using Mac vs PC
- working from campus vs from home
- Organization for the session:
- FTP’ing files — everyone needs to know this
- Mac or Windows
- Understanding file location in FTP vs. file access via URL
- Google Pages — two different ways to view this (starting portfolio or moving portfolio)
- Q&A time — Dreamweaver, etc. OR Word-PDF conversions
- Review what you covered
- Provide contact info
- …set follow-up date if necessary?
Also during our meeting Dr. Hammond gave us very useful suggestions on how we should write our how 2’s. Here is the first draft of document I prepared on “How to use GPC to create portfolio Website“.